Tuesday, June 08, 2004



This is killing me. It's on NPR, that's my browser home page for now. So I keep seeing it everytime I open a new window. Maybe you didn't know anything about Reagan except the whole jellybeans thing. Or maybe you get violent stomach cramps at the mention of his name. Maybe you are absolutely indifferent and think politics are a stinking pile of mud good for nothing but slinging. For five seconds, it doesn't matter what any human thinks. Basically, all I see is someone's husband and father replaced with loneliness. I can only imagine the last ten years they had for about ten seconds before I crack. Human suffering and loss override opinion for at least one frame of a moment. If it doesn't, then it should.

Unless of course, this was a photo of Nicole Richie's funeral. Then I'd download it for my desktop pattern.


More comic relief in the form of puppies and candy:



Today's aphorism, and another useless tagline from the past.

"Say what you will about pain, a basket full of puppies saves the day."

and

"It takes a licking and keeps on ticking."


I stole this photo from here because these puppies are just too soft and fuzzy and puppy-smell cute. I love puppies tiny teeth and toenails. Awww. I like it when they dream about running and barking in their sleep. Go look at more cute pictures, there are a bunch. Black Labs are what Otis would look like if he had legs. Awww.

I would find a picture of a Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate with Almonds, but really, I'm too freaking lazy. And maybe Hershey's is, too, because I sure can't find one on their site. But hey, my point is that they are good. And they must be good for you since they are dark chocolate plus almonds. I've been reading a lot about nuts these days, and about how good they are for you. Oh just pretend you care and are listening to me. I know when I'm boring. But doesn't it make you feel better that I am trying to find a justifiably good piece of candy for you?

Great. Now I want this cocoa mulch for my wormy garden. Did I tell you that I went in search of a pint of redworms to toss liberally in my yarden*? Oh come on, you care, you know you do.

*yarden: (n) yeahr'-dun -- a yard so small that all you have room for is a small garden, as in "I put redworms in my yarden so it would grow big fat roses that'll make the gay neighbor across the street envious since his manicured yard pressured me into forking over $200 for a new tree."

Did I mention that I'm going to the beach in two days? Just in time, too, since all I can think about it worms, huh? Yes, we're abducting Jacquie for her bachelorette party. We haven't decided what to call the affair yet, and I can't say too much about it in the off chance that Jacquie is reading this, but let's just say Ron has named it Dong-a-Palooza.

I'll take pictures.




No comments: