Friday, June 18, 2004

Talk about havin' your prison cake and eatin' it, too...

"The final meal request of John Blackwelder, Florida, May 26, 2004.

Blackwelder had a pizza with cheese, onions, green peppers, ground beef and mushrooms; a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, cheese and ranch dressing with a coke.

Mr. Blackwelder then received a 24-hour stay from the governor.

The stay was lifted and he was not given a second last meal."


Stolen without permission from deadmaneating.com. The devil made me do it, Joe. Forgive me.

Fascinating reading. They even have a store here and read all about the requests
here.

Yeah, I've always wondered what I'd have for my last meal on death row. Quite possibly, a knuckle sandwich. Most likely, sushi and fried chicken. Ooo, and birthday cake with that thick, cheap icing that coats your teeth with a thin film of Crisco. You can't have wine, huh? Fine then, I'd rather be dead anyway.

Mmmm-mm...by the looks of some menus these guys cooked up, clearly, a few callings were missed. Some of these guys were good enough to cater a White House fundraiser.

I have no imagination. "Sushi and fried chicken." Another reason to stay off death row.





No comments: