Friday, May 02, 2003

She went out through the bedroom window. Protected by her tiny claws.

Sad news at the Circle K Kat Ranch as Beepers, otherwise known as Spitty Kitty, has escaped from the compound.



One less bell to answer, one less egg to fry. No, I really don't feel like that. I'm sad actually.

The saddest part is we didn't even realize she wasn't just cowering under the bed per usual. Not until the Uh-Oh this morning: the bedroom window screen, barely pushed loose at the bottom. Well, she can't say we didn't offer her privacy. So much privacy that we don't know exactly when she left last night. Then thinking back on last night, I did sleep through the night without the noctornal kitty gnat buzzing around my head or walking on my face or spitting on my eyelid. And this morning, she didn't come out for the morning kittypie gruel from a can.

It's still very sad to me. She wasn't wearing her collar which by now I've reasoned is actually lucky because it wasn't a breakaway collar anyway since I never expected her to roam outside. Luckier for me that she wasn't wearing it. Now I can stop envisioning her jumping playfully from a tree, catching herself on a branch and making Kitty WindChimes.

She was a stray who was found living under the deck of a restaurant. She'd had kittens once, but now she is spayed. So in that respect she's good-to-go or not-go in her case. She'll be a free-range kitty on her own again for awhile because I believe no state animal control worker will have the patience to catch that cat. But maybe someone will see her without her collar and decide she needs a good home. The averages are good that she'll run across perhaps a better home without the big raccoon-sized cat who insists on Alimentary Canal Inspections and Sporadic Cat Stranglings.

This is very sad. Oh well, there you have it.


Friday morning at nine o'clock she is far away
Waiting to keep the appointment she made
Meeting a man from the motor trade.
She (What did we do that was wrong)
Is having (We didn't know it was wrong)
Fun (Fun is the one thing that money can't buy)
Something inside that was always denied
For so many years. (Bye, Bye)
She's leaving home bye bye


No comments: