Thursday, February 10, 2005

February's Most Extreme Elimination: A Giant Powerpoint Presentation

Giant. Behemoth. Huge-asstic.

And that's all I really want to say about it for the time being. Let's not tell my parents. I don't want them to question why I went to college for a BA in Fine Arts. And for anyone who's laboring under the misconception that "Powerpoint is just like Flash!", my special note to you is, "You, I got nothin' for anymore."



Things I have done in the past 10 days that didn't require group therapy, for the most part:

Sat courtside at Grizzlies game in a free yet $450 seat. It's funny. I thought all I'd focus on was how tall everyone was. But really, they are all tall so it's this crazy optical illusion. I was also hoping for more swearing (I must've been living vicariously for the moment), but all I heard was one "bullshit" from Bonzi Wells and someone said "mutha fukk." In retrospect, it could've been me.

Traveled to Tupelo for a client meeting and lo, there was an angel named Angela. So for an hour or so, I got to reunite with one of the rarest of types: A Good Roommate. One of the two only truly decent roommates I ever had. And there she was twelve years later, still married and now with one kid. Life is like that.

Made flight reservations to New York City for next weekend. Going to visit my best friend since third grade. She's getting married. This is the part where I don't talk about how the guy she is marrying is not good enough for her because no one really is. This is the part where I hope I am wrong.

Decided to fall victim to advertising once again and bought some Crest White Strips. Effective commercials. But they don't show the pretty lady with the big mouth and white teeth hocking an oyster into a nearby garbage can after she takes those nasty strips out of her mouth. "You can whiten your teeth anywhere! As long as you know how to spit like a cowpoke!"

Got a new battery-op toothbrush *free* with the strips. I like that thing.

Didn't vacuum the house.

Went to Bart, Mamie and Hannah's house and helped Mamie fry tiny chicken wings and played with Hannah's My Pretty Pony collection. Thank God for down-to-earth, good, decent, honest, funny people. Thank someone as much as possible for this.

Lost a pound here or there. Gained a pound here or there. Good news: It's probably all sinus weight. Welcome, Spring. I'm feel your deathgrip on my face. Ah, Memphis.

I had a picture and linkie or two to post, so lemme find them. I always miss you guys when I am gone. No, really!





No comments: