Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Word for the day: clobber.

clob·ber    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (klbr)
tr.v. Slang clob·bered, clob·ber·ing, clob·bers

1. To strike violently and repeatedly; batter or maul.
2. To defeat decisively.
3. To criticize harshly.



Clobbered, clobberhead, clobby-shoes. I live for words like clobber. Not quite the onomatopoeia, but good enough for me (-ia).

Look at me not talking about the war. Or the stock market gone all flaccid. Not me, no.

I am bored though today. That brand of boredom that makes you feel itchy from the inside out. Like someone is pinning you to the floor with a great big bag of wet cement. Rapidly drying wet cement.

Even if I had the day off, I wouldn't even know what to do with it.

There's nothing to report here except that the landlawd done changed out all the carpet in the fo-yay, by the elevatruhs. It looks stunning. Almost like I work somewhere else. But I don't.

I'm so bored that my body is getting physically stressed. Something around the back of my head is poking at me. A dull, constant poke in the back of my head. I'm so bored that my adrenaline is kicking in. Next stop: nosebleed.

Bored bored bored bored bored. Clobberhead bored.

But hey, I'm getting married really, really soon. That is the hyper-opposite of boring. I'd countdown the days, but if I did that here, my sister my not be able to resist the urge to purge on me. So I'll just say, I have less time now to wait for it than I did when I first started this sentence.

I have to go walk off some boredom now. After reading this entry, you too may have to walk off some yourself.

Sorry about that. Clobber clobber clobber.






No comments: