Tuesday, November 05, 2002



"I think it's got some Eagles in it."


Justin Says He's No Jackson Copycat
The Associated Press
Nov 4 2002 10:23AM
NEW YORK (AP) - Justin Timberlake says Michael Jackson has been a big influence on his sound, but not the only one.

Timberlake, the 'N Sync star whose debut solo album, ``Justified,'' is due Tuesday, has been tagged with imitating Jackson because of a few wardrobe choices and big appearances with the King of Pop.

``I've used a lot of different sounds than just Michael,'' Timberlake told Newsday. ``I think there's some Eagles in the harmonies and a lot more Stevie Wonder.

``I'm also a big fan of Donny Hathaway,'' he added, referring to the 1970s musician. ``I think it's shocking to people that I even know who Donny Hathaway is.''

Timberlake, whose breakup with Britney Spears this year was widely reported in the entertainment media, said he tweaked a few songs on ``Justified'' to throw off people who might try to learn about his personal life from his music.

``Some of it was a little manipulative because I knew what people were saying about me,'' said Timberlake, who declined to say what songs he changed. ``But it's not a Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde type thing like Eminem - not that that's a bad thing either.''

11/04/02 10:20 EST


No comments: